POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aurora (7kbu) : Re: Aurora (~20KB Jpg) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:30:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aurora (~20KB Jpg)
From: Bob H
Date: 30 Mar 2001 07:54:33
Message: <3ac48209@news.povray.org>
These auroras are great to see, whether real or not.
I'm chiming in a bit late but I tried to create one using just media with
multiple density maps inside a box, not Gail's isosurface way.
I have only seen one in my whole life (long time) but it was everything from
a large diffuse red glow overhead to start with then changing to curtains
and finally rays.  Something everyone should be witness to at least once,
like me.
Attached is my trial and error and giving up on it now. Might make a nice
nebulosity anyhow, but there's already an include for that.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'abmedia5.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'abmedia5.jpg'